Sarah DuBois cello sonata

Posted on by Sarah DuBois and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

This is a newly composed classical cello and piano sonata. I’m not sure how you want the link- I’m horrible with computers. I hope you like the piece. thanks ! Sarah DuBois composer

11 Responses to Sarah DuBois cello sonata

1. MarcusB says:

uh

what.
    Does this belong here?

• qubitman says:

“Posts should include one or more links as well as a thoughtful articulation of your deconstruction, interpretation, critique or analysis of the contents of the link(s) you include. Posts that are overly short or merely declare an opinion without any substantial support or explanation are probably not right for Partial Objects.”

I’m not saying the piece is bad. It’s perfectly fine for classical. Not sufficiently novel for my own satisfaction, but it seems really unusual that this wasn’t flagged as inappropriate. This doesn’t seem like the place for this kind of content. Is this just here to support the idea that this website is “high brow”?

• Sarah DuBois says:

hi there- I have no idea what you mean. Partial objects selected a previous piece of mine and I hadn’t even applied. the selection of partial objects brought many viewers to the piece, and that’s what I was hoping for this cello piece- it has nothing to do with “high brow” we are just people who love classical music.

It’s a mystery what would possess anyone to take the time to come and whine that the content on somebody else’s site doesn’t conform to their own tastes, but the internet seems to be full of such mysteries. If it does bug you, take it up with the management, if you can.

As for the sonata, I really liked the first 3 minutes or so, but then the piano started to dominate without really conveying that much. There was another really good minute starting around 7:00 or so, until right before the funny video edit (what happened there?), and then the piano started doing the bull-in-a-china-cabinet thing again for a couple of minutes. Around minute 10 it started getting better again. I’m not a connaisseur, but despite the good parts, it seemed kinda hectic and disjointed, but not in an enlightening way.

Another tip would be just to post the audio file and forget the video. Artists like Lady Gaga need video, and nobody really wants to just listen to them. With this, though, the video is more of a distraction, and I got more from the piece when I left the video running but didn’t watch. The cellist sitting down in what appears to be disused yoga gear and the old lady getting up periodically to turn the page of the pianist’s sheet music are even a bit visually silly. You’re clearly trying to say something with the music, so focus on that. It’s not clear that you have anything to say with the video. It seems just to be there as an alibi for Youtube, which is a justification that has nothing to do with art.

3. Sarah DuBois says:

I don’t know who you are, but you seem to mistake my asking if I posted correctly with “whining” .

4. Sarah DuBois says: