Search Partial Objects
blog advertising is good for you
- No posts to display
- Namely on Why Athens Burns: Waiting For The Germans To Put It Out
- Commander Balok on Did Kurt Russell Rape Goldie Hawn in Overboard?
- FINAL COMPARISON ESSAY: Comparison of Girl With The Dragon Tattoo Swedish Version and American Version | The Hobo Chronicles on So-Called Feminism in The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
- wendy on Did Kurt Russell Rape Goldie Hawn in Overboard?
- nnorrinpai on What Comes After Postmodernism?
Tag Archives: advertisements
I’m going to try something within the spirit of PO but slightly different.
This is one of my favorite commercials of all time. There’s the cool music, the bright lights and the ambient atmosphere. With the exception of Matt Dillon’s introduction of the lineup at the end, there’s no other narration and no people in the commercial. Everything is Read the rest
They’re not actually having sex– she drops her bag, not her clothes as the websites say she does– so she’s not having sex with him, she’s doing something else.
Putin videos are notoriously sexy. But in sexy ads, videos, and films, while the woman is the obvious draw the branding belongs to the man. The message isn’t that if Read the rest
How do you advertise luxury, aspirational products in China, which is moving to ban exactly that kind of advertising? By exploiting Marxism. Look closely:
You watch this droning, anodyne, short-film-length commercial, and your reaction, like many Westerners and Americans, is that the ad stinks. It’s too long, and the message isn’t clear. We’re used to ads that rely Read the rest
China Daily, et al, report that
Advertisements that promote products as luxurious or “high-end” have been banned in a move experts say is designed to protect social harmony.
The clean up means commercials posted or aired in public can no longer include words like “supreme”, “royal”, “luxury” or “high class”…
This move is designed to deal with the Read the rest