Search Partial Objects
blog advertising is good for you
- No posts to display
- Namely on Why Athens Burns: Waiting For The Germans To Put It Out
- Commander Balok on Did Kurt Russell Rape Goldie Hawn in Overboard?
- FINAL COMPARISON ESSAY: Comparison of Girl With The Dragon Tattoo Swedish Version and American Version | The Hobo Chronicles on So-Called Feminism in The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
- wendy on Did Kurt Russell Rape Goldie Hawn in Overboard?
- nnorrinpai on What Comes After Postmodernism?
Tag Archives: father
The Supreme Court held that a California law restricting the sale of videogames to minors was an unconstitutional limitation on free speech. I think it’s the right decision.
A few things worth noting. First, Justice Scalia, who liberals resoundingly hate, wrote the majority opinion, joined only by the liberal justices. This means that now conservatives hate Scalia Read the rest
We do love our superhero movies, don’t we. I’ve had something of a pet theory for a few years now that says that all superhero comic book mythologies are little more than the superego punishing the id in a celebration of a superficially Nietzschean, almost fascist worldview. What is much more interesting is why audiences find these stories so Read the rest
When you watch most action movies, it’s easy to get caught up in the car chases, explosions, and hot chicks that define them. But when you look beyond those, beyond the trite dialogue, beyond the contrived plots, is there anything there? In most action films, there isn’t. So they don’t last beyond a single picture. But the The Fast Read the rest
This is a new Tide detergent commercial showing how Tide undermines Dad’s attempt to control his daughter’s sexuality. Dad is a central character in the ad, and all the action revolves around him. But the ad is not targeted at fathers. Women still do most of the family shopping, so we should read the ad as addressing moms. Read the rest