Search Partial Objects
blog advertising is good for you
- No posts to display
- hurtleyduffield on The Man Of Steel
- hurtleyduffield on Game Of Thrones: “Are my boobs still in the shot?” Part IV
- honky on Game Of Thrones: “A bad show disguised as a good one”– Part 1
- dovahkiin on Article I, Section 9, Clause 8: No titles of nobility?
- ChiefJohn on Why most horror movies are stupid
Tag Archives: wealth
About 10 years ago there was a debate in Canada about whether Canadian NHL teams should receive a subsidy to be able to compete with big-market American teams. As soon as somebody came up with the soundbite “no millions for millionaires”, the plan promptly died. This makes the phrase a remarkable innovation that you should keep handy in Read the rest
…I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
An op-ed in the Wall Street Journal, Why Do We Let Them Dress Like That?”, manages to reassert every outdated and dangerous notion of sex that died with the petticoat and the advent of coed colleges.
On its surface, the article addresses the ambivalence of the “liberated generation” towards the sexual attitudes of its children. But this ambivalence Read the rest